Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Wedding Invitation Ornament


A wedding, a marriage, a lifetime of happiness and a keepsake!

When I had seen this gift idea here I knew that I wanted to try recreating it!  Once I had received the invitation in the mail I took care to make sure that it stayed pristine and even took my daughters invitation as well so I would have a back-up, you know... just in case!!  I then cut the invitation into strips making sure the lines of text were centered on the strips.  I didn't bother to measure and in fact used varying widths.  Other necessities would include a glass Christmas ball, I used a 4" diameter ornament for mine, and any other items desired to embellish the ornament.


I found these in the floral section at Michaels.  I'm not sure what you call them, but I loved the glass beads on the filament and thought that would add some interest as well as pick up the lights from the tree.  I also felt that these would be better than loose beads which would fall to the bottom of the ornament.



Coordinating ribbon was all that was left to finish off this project. 






I then used a pencil to curl the strips of the invitation.







The strips were then dropped into the ornament along with segments of the beads.  I used the eraser end of a pencil to gently move items around until I liked the way it looked... which could have been a moot point as I'm sure the items will shift and change position whenever the ornament is moved :).



This close up allows you to see that the beads as well as get 
a glimpse of the text on the strips of the invitation.

All that's left is to box it up and present the bride with her keepsake ornament!










No comments:

Post a Comment