Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Another Wedding Keepsake


Wedding Bouquet Ornaments

You've been asked to stand by your friend's side on her special day, what greater honor?  You've been there for the ceremony and vows, and you've partied at the reception.  You've had the time of your life.  The next day, what do you have to remember the special occasion (besides the pictures and memories)?  Perhaps a hangover, a wrinkled dress, a disheveled hair style, and your beautiful flowers.  The bouquet will not look great forever, so why not try to preserve it... somewhat... and use the use some parts to make an ornament?!  Both of my daughters were in their friend's wedding and I decided to try and save their bouquets.
First I hung the bouquets upside down to dry them out as much as possible.  Then I took it apart and added some of the elements, petals and buds to a glass Christmas ornament.  For the roses, I removed several of the outer petals until I was able to *squish* the remaining rose into the opening of the ornament.




As I did in the Wedding Invitation Ornament, I included the beads on the filament to add interest and another dimension to the ornament.  Again, I used the eraser end of a pencil to move the elements around to my liking.   Once the ornament was full, to complete the project, I added a coordinating bow that was similar to their dress color.  



I don't know how this will hold up, the flower may dry out even more and crumble and fall to the bottom of the ornament, but I'm hoping for the best!!  Stay tuned...

So, my hope is, when the dress no longer fits and is out of style and when other weddings, babies and other life events put time and distance between this wedding they will always have this ornament and every Christmas will be reminded of this special occasion and their friend!


btw... the pictures honestly don't these justice.  They are really very pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment