Sunday, October 27, 2013

Homemade Taco Seasoning




Once again, Pinterest has inspired me to make something that I would not have otherwise thought to make...  Taco Seasoning.  There were many different options for the recipe, but the one that I used can be found here.  Rather than having to buy the individual packets, some that have ingredients that difficult to swallow (or pronounce), it will be nice to have it on hand for when the tex-mex cravings strike!  Another advantage is you can adjust the ingredients to suit your individual taste, or spice preference.

To make this recipe you will need:

1 Cup Chili Powder
1/2 Cup Cumin
1/4 Cup Onion Powder
1/4 Cup Oregano
2 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
2 Tablespoons Paprika
2 Tablespoons Crushed Red Pepper Flakes  
1 Tablespoon Sea Salt
a few dashes of Cayenne pepper 

(you can adjust the amount of red pepper flakes and/or cayenne pepper if you like more heat!)






Put all the ingredients in a mason jar and shake! 
It's that easy!!  :)

It's kinda pretty, dontcha think??


I then packaged them in smaller jars for gifts.  Oh, and one for me! :)







The labels and hang tags were purchased from My Own Labels.  I love these labels and think they add just the right finishing touch. 

I encourage you to try this, I believe you just might like it!   

Olé!!






2 comments:

  1. This is a great recipe for my daughters allergies and our whole family loves it! I use it in our tacos and our bean dips too! Thanks for posting and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it Heidi! It's become a family favorite of ours as well. We are finding more and more uses! :)

      Delete