Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Ornament In Memory of...


It's been almost one year since we lost our sweet Logan.  I wanted to have something in her memory for the Christmas tree and couldn't find any memorial ornaments that I liked.  I decided that I should try to make something.  This is what I came up with.  I liked it so much that I made 3 more, one for each of my kids to have for their Christmas trees.  


I found exactly what I was looking for at factorydirectcraft.com.  






I used this place card holder for the frame



         and these wings.














I took the backing off off the frame and removed the easel.  I adhered the wings to the backing with a good amount of hot glue.



Since it was going to be hanging by the wings I wanted to make sure that they were secure so I also used a heavy duty stapler and placed a staple or two right through the wings, glue and frame backing.

 Then I put her picture in the frame, slid the backing in place and put her front and center on the Christmas tree.


I know that for years to come when we decorate the tree it will bring back so many happy memories.

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment